Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing
Hot. Tangy. Sweet. These things are tasty. And the home made blue cheese dip is the perfect accompaniment!
Author: Farmhouse 1820
- For the Blue Cheese:
- ½ pound blue cheese, preferably Point Reyes Blue from California
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth. Transfer to serving bowl.
- For the Wings:
- Vegetable oil
- 2 dozen small chicken wings
- 2 cups Japanese bread crumbs
- 1 12 ounce bottle Frank's Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Fill ⅓ of cast iron pan with oil, and heat to 350 degrees.
- Combine hot sauce, honey and molasses to sauce pan and heat through. Once heated, transfer to stainless bowl and reserve.
- Combine bread crumbs with seasoned salt and pepper. Coat wings in bread crumb mixture and add 5 at a time to hot oil. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until coating is nice and golden brown. Transfer cooked wings to paper towel lined backing sheet, and place in heated oven to keep warm. Continue cooking wings until all have been cooked.
- Add drained wings to reserved hot sauce, turning to coat generously.
- Place on platter with home made Blue Cheese on the side.