- For the salad:
- 1 red onion cut into half inch rounds
- 1 red bell pepper cut in half
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut in half
- ½ English cucumber, cut cut in half-moon shapes, seeded and skin removed
- ½ baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- For the vinaigrette:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Place red onion, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper on tray. Coat all pieces with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill until charred on both sides. Grill bread until toasted on both sides.
- Once cool enough to touch, dice grilled vegetables and bread and put in mixing bowl. Add cut cucumber and tomatoes.
- For the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- Drizzle salad with vinaigrette and serve.