- 2 pounds skirt steak, trimmed of tough fat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon beef broth
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 slices processed cheese singles
- caramelized onions
- sliced provolone cheese
- mini sub rolls
- Slice your steak with grain into very thin strips. Then cut meat into chopped pieces.
- Adjust an oven rack to middle position and pre-heat to 200-degrees.
- Place a 12″ non-stick skillet over a high burner. Add vegetable oil and pre-heat until smoking. Once oil is heated, place meat in pan, quickly separating evenly in pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over meat. Allow to brown for 5 minutes without stirring. After allotted time, stir and allow to finish cooking for an additional 2 minutes. Place cooked meat on paper towels, and wipe the skillet clean of rendered fat.
- Return meat to pan and sprinkle evenly with the grated Parmesan. Evenly lay out slices of cheese singles. Add beef broth and continue heating, folding the melted cheese into the meat to combine. Diving the meat evenly and place on toasted rolls. Accompany meat with caramelized onions and provolone cheese. Warm in oven until cheese has melted and buns are warm, about 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.