- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I always prefer Frank's Hot Sauce)
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 pound ground pork
- seasoned salt and black pepper
- Saute onion and bell pepper in olive oil until onion starts to become translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add meat and sprinkle over seasoned salt and pepper. Cook until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Add brown sugar over meat and stir. Add crushed tomatoes, ketchup, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Stir to combine.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes. Add more seasoned salt and pepper if needed.