- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more more dusting the pan
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 very ripe large bananas, mashed well
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs. lightly beaten
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of muffin pan thoroughly, then dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla extract with a spoon in a medium bowl. Lightly fold in banana mixture into the flour dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and lightly stir until the batter is thick and chunky. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, pour batter into muffin pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean. Cool in pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack..