- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 20 whole chicken wings, or 30 miniature chicken wings, tips cut off
- Mix first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate for at least 24 hours and up to 36 hours, stirring every few hours or so.
- Prepare charcoal grill. When coals are hot, drain the chicken wings from the marinade and add to the grill. Cook on one side for 5 minutes, then turn over and grill for another 5 minutes, or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees. Remove from grill and serve.