Pimento Cheese Waffles
Author: Be Fed Again
Cuisine: Breakfast, Lunch, Main Course
Serves: 14 waffles
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3½ cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups pimento cheese (click here for recipe)
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg yolks slightly. Beat in milk and oil. Stir in pimento cheese. Add egg yolk and pimento cheese mixture to flour mixture all at once. Stir until just combined but still lumpy.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold beaten egg whites into batter, leaving a few fluffs of egg white. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Pour ½ cup batter onto grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker. Close lid quickly and do not open during baking. Bake according to manufacturers directions.