- 1 package imitation crab meat sticks
- 1 English cucumber
- ¼ cup panko
- ¼ cup Japanese mayonnaise - such as Kewpie
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- eel sauce for drizzling
- Pour panko into a fry pan and cook on low heat, stirring constantly until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- Peel and remove seeds from cucumber. with a sharp knife, julienne the cucumber, or use a special julienne grater. (cucumber can also be cut into thin matchstick pieces) Place in a bowl.
- Unwrap each imitation crab stick and peel apart each into fine strands. The crab will peel apart as such, easily. Toss in bowl with cucumber.
- In a separate bowl, combine Japanese mayonnaise, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Pour over cucumber and crab mixture and stir to evenly coat.
- Spoon individual servings into bowls. Top with toasted panko and drizzle eel sauce over the top. Serve cold.