White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
For my popcorn recipes, I use an air popper to pop the popcorn, It keeps the popcorn light.
Author: Farmhouse 1820
- 1 (12 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 8 large candy canes
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups popcorn, popped
- Line an 11x17 inch baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Place popcorn in a large stainless bowl. Set aside.
- Place candy canes in a plastic bag and seal closed. Pound the bag with a rolling pin until the candy canes are in ¼ inch pieces.
- In the top of a double boiler over medium heat, melt the white chocolate stirring constantly, being very careful not to let the chocolate burn.
- Once the white chocolate has melted, stir in the peppermint extract. Remove from heat and pour the mixture over the popcorn. Quickly sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the popcorn mixture.
- Place a large bowl over the popcorn bowl, making a dome shape, and shake to coat the popcorn. Turn the bowl dome over and shake some more to ensure popcorn is completely coated with the white chocolate peppermint mixture.
- Pour popcorn out on the parchment lined baking sheet and let sit for 20 minutes. Break into small chunks and store in an airtight container for up to a week.