- 1 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- ⅓ cup dry-packed sundried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil,copped
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the ricotta and herbed goat cheeses, along with the heavy cream. Process until softened and completely blended. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- To make the salsa, place the sundried tomatoes in a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit until softened, about 30 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop.
- In a bowl, combine the sundried tomatoes, garlic, shallot, plum tomatoes, basil and thyme. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss until will blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to over night.
- To serve, mound the cheese on one side of a serving plate. Spoon the salsa around the edge of the cheese mound. Garnish with basil and surround with crackers.