I have spoken a lot about my office. I sure have been doing a lot of prep work for it.
If only I had an office.
Soon. Soon I will. But in the meantime, I keep planning, and saving.
And, as I write, I have two chairs being reupholstered in this fabric.
I got the chairs at Goodwill, and of course they will be a future post, but one of the chairs came with an ottoman. This ottoman:
Ugly. Dusty. Stained. No problem.
I decided to go ahead and tackle that project this weekend. I put a lot of thought into what fabric I would use to recover the ottoman. Being that the chair fabric is a little on the loud side, the ottoman needed to be a little calmer. Still, I wanted texture.
Onward. First, I had to remove a bazillion upholstery tacks.
After all of the tacks were removed, I cut the fabric off. Then, I primed and painted the base.
I cut a piece of batting to size, and stapled it on the ottoman.
The fabric that I decided to use is a furry-type fabric. It had the calm and the texture that I wanted. I cut it to size, and being that it’s furry, I didn’t want any staples to show, and applying a trim wouldn’t look so hot. So, I hot glued the furry fabric on, tucking in the raw edges.
And just like that, I have transformed this ottoman. It sure will look great in that don’t-have-it-yet-but-hope-to-soon, office.