Black Raspberry Buttercream
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups black raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Place black raspberries in a bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Pour raspberry puree into a fine mesh strainer placed over a bowl and press on all solids until only the seeds remain. Discard seeds.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, place butter, vanilla extract, water and black raspberry puree. Mix on medium low speed until combined. Turn the mixer to low and carefully add the confectioners sugar. Mix until fully incorporated.
- *Can be made ahead and frozen for up to 2 months.