Here’s the best bourbon shrimp recipe! Not only does the bourbon flavor celebrate The Kentucky Derby, but is a delicious ingredient all year.
Get Ready For The Kentucky Derby!
Ever since I made my bucket list, attending the Kentucky Derby has been near the top. It is an exhilarating experience to be a part of, I am sure. Naturally the horse racing is exciting, but the fashion is fascinating, and of course I’m drawn to what is on the menu.
This year will be no different than years past – I will don my Kentucky Derby hat, and will watch the big race from the front row, in my living room, with soul possession of the remote control.
Since bourbon is the celebrated ingredient of The Kentucky Derby, I decided to flavor and marinate shrimp with it as well, and the outcome is spectacular! The combination of the cajun seasoning and bourbon is a match made for the races. Of all of my shrimp recipes I have written, this one is by far my most popular. Give it a try!
The Best Bourbon Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound 26-28 peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1 seedless cucumber cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 Tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Kentucky bourbon
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- Place shrimp in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle cajun seasoning and bourbon over the top of the shrimp and mix thoroughly until shrimp are coated. Set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- Pour olive oil in a nonstick skillet and sauté shrimp on high heat for about 3 minutes, until pink. Be sure to turn halfway through cooking for even browning.
- Arrange cucumber slices on a platter. Place a small dollop of creme fraiche on each cucumber slice, and top with Bourbon shrimp.
While You’re Celebrating The Derby, Make Yourself A Mint Julep!
My easy and delicious Mint Julep recipe can be found HERE!