Butter Rum Muffins
It took me nine tries, and I came up with the best butter rum muffin recipe ever. These muffins have become a breakfast staple in our house, and I hope they will be the same in yours.
- 12 Tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons butter rum flavoring
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 12 ounce bag butterscotch chips
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Place paper liners in muffin pans and set aside.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time. Add the butter rum flavoring, sour cream and milk. Mix until combined.
- Keeping the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and beat until just mixed. Fold in the butterscotch chips with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop the batter into muffin pan(s), filling 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle the tops with a generous amount of brown sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove. Serve warm or even at room temperature. Delicious either way!