When wintertime is in full gear, there’s nothing better than a bowl of piping hot chili. Comfort food at its finest, this chicken chili recipe is not only delicious, but low fat as well!!
On cool wintery days, I often turn to my chicken chili recipe to warm things up and bring serious satisfying comfort to the table. A meal that can be prepared in one pot, this chili can be enjoyed straight from the Dutch oven to the table, and can be poured in air tight containers and frozen for up to six months. Want to plan ahead? Make this chicken chili recipe and freeze for future meals!
Y’all! This chili is my all time favorite, and I could probably eat a bowl every single day. I love that its loaded tons of flavor, and very minimal on calories and fat.
To keep things easy, this recipe can be prepared in one pot. I always cook my chili in a Dutch oven. A wise investment that you’ll have for a lifetime!! This is the exact one that I have AND IT’S ON SALE!! A Win-Win In My Book!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups frozen corn thawed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan or stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken, cumin, fennel seeds, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook stirring frequently, until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
- While the chicken cooks, julienne the spinach leaves. Set aside.
- Stir the flour into the chicken mixture, making sure flour is fully blended in.
- Add the chicken stock, beans, and corn.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, and simmer for 45 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by about half and the chili has thickened. At this time, add the spinach and stir to combine.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot