Chicken Salad with Apples and Candied Pecans
- 3 cups diced chicken cooked *
- 1 cup candied pecans chopped
- 2 apples chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- diced chives for garnish
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, creme fraiche, apple cider, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, apples and candied pecans. Pour mayonnaise mixture over chicken mixture. Stir to combine. Cover salad and refrigerate for at least 1 hour so all flavors incorporate together.
- Can be served as a sandwich, over a bed of lettuce, or as bite-size appetizers.
- * - For the chicken, I diced up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.