Green Bubble Tea
- 5 Green tea bags
- 2 Tablespoons simple syrup
- 4 cups boiling water + 7 cups water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup large tapioca pearls
- 1 vanilla bean, sliced down the center
- For the tapioca:
- In a large saucepan, boil 7 cups of water on high heat.
- Slowly stir in the tapioca pearls and the sliced vanilla bean. Stir immediately so the tapioca pearls don’t stick together. Reduce heat to medium and let boil, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir the tapioca again, then cover again and turn the heat off.
- After 15 minutes, remove the vanilla bean and discard. Rinse tapioca pearls in cold water and drain.
- For the tea:
- Place the green tea bags in the 4 cups of boiling water. Let steep for 15 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- In a tall glass, add 1/3 cup of tapioca pearls. Add to the top of the glass. Fill with green tea 3/4 of the way up the glass. Add simple syrup and whole milk.