I love to think outside of the box when making salads, and I love to use the grill. Here is the most delicious grilled potato salad recipe.
Although I cook on our grill year round, it’s when the weather shows hints of warmer weather when I start to cook on the grill almost daily. I absolutely love the flavors that the grill brings, and I’m always up for grilling dishes that may seem out of the ordinary. Like potatoes for grilled potato salad.
Truth be told, I haven’t tried a potato salad I didn’t like, but with all of those tastings, I was inspired to develop my own version of a potato salad showcasing all of the flavors that compliment the humble potato. Without question I wanted to bring in the grill rather than boiling, and with all of my recipe testing, one thing is for sure, once you make this grilled potato salad, it will undoubtedly be your favorite of all time.
The recipe sounds time-consuming, but in truth, it’s easy and comes together under 30 minutes. And if you can imagine, it tastes even better the next day.
Table of Contents
Here Is The Most Delicious Grilled Potato Salad Recipe
Grilled Potato Salad
- charcoal grill
- 8 Russet potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup bacon pieces store bought is fine
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives and/or parsley
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Clean potatoes under cold water. Cut each potato into 1/2 inch slices
- Brush both sides of the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place potato slices on grill and cook on first side for 3-5 minutes, until golden.
- Using tongs, once the potatoes are golden on one side, turn over and grill the slices on the other side.
- Cook on second side for 2-3 minutes, being carful not to char the potatoes.
- Once golden brown, take potato slices off the grill, and cool. Once cooled, cut potato slices into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, plain yogurt, dijon mustard, onion powder. Set aside.
- Pour cut potato pieces into a large bowl. Add bacon pieces and then add the dressing. Stir the salad until all of the dressing has been incorporated in the potatoes and bacon pieces.
- Serve immediately. Can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
I love to make a slew of salads in the summertime, and whenever I can use the grill with a recipe, I will. Let me introduce you to my Grilled Panzanella Salad Recipe.