- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 3 large oranges
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cut the oranges in half. Scoop out the pulp, leaving only the shell. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and place in large bowl. Discard the skins and the tough stringy fibers. Add the butter, sugar, eggs, orange juice, heavy cream and maple syrup.
- Using an electric mixer, mix and beat out all lumps.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix again.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the orange cups, mounding out the top and then topping with a marshmallow and a sprinkling of toasted hazelnuts.
- Bake until puffed and slightly golden, and the marshmallow on top is golden, about 15 minutes.