- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cans small red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ale beer
- 1½ Tablespoons cumin
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour olive oil in a large dutch oven. Add diced onion and cook until transparent. Add beef, veal and pork and cook until no pink remains. Drain as much fat as you can. Discard fat. Add flour to meet mixture and stir until beef is completely coated, about 1 minute. Add dried oregano and stir.
- Now add the diced tomatoes, beans, ale, chili powder, cumin and brown sugar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and let simmer to let flavors marry for one hour. Enjoy.
- Can be frozen for up to 2 months.