- 3 cups flour, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ sticks cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest plus one teaspoon
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir to mix. Add butter pieces and 1 Tablespoon lemon zest. Using a pastry cutter, combine ingredients until you achieve the consistency of large peas.
- In a separate bowl, sprinkle blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour, making sure all blueberries are coated. Carefully transfer blueberries to the dough mixture. Add lemon juice and heavy cream. Toss with a fork or your fingers until dough begins to form.
- On the reserved baking sheet, form dough into an 8 inch round. Cut into 8 wedges and separate wedges slightly.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- While scones are baking, in a small bowl combine confectioners sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon zest and 1 Tablespoon lemon juice. Stir until a thin paste / frosting forms.
- Once scones have cooled slightly, brush lemon frosting over each scone until coated on the top.