- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat the milk, butter and salt over medium heat until scalded.
- When the butter is melted and small bubbles appear around the rim of the milk, add the flour all at once and bet it with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together and forms a doubt.
- Cook stirring constantly over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Scrap the hot mixture into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the eggs and pulse until the eggs are incorporated into the dough and the mixture looks thick and velvety.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag (or into a ziploc bag, pushing the mixture into a corner and cut the tip off).
- Using a baking sheet topped with parchment paper, pipe in mounds 2 inches wide and about 1 inch high.
- With a wet finger, lightly press the swirl peak down on each puff.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned, then turn off oven and let them sit for another 10 minutes until they sound hollow when tapped.
- Remove from oven and make a small slit in the side of each puff to allow steam to escape..