- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan or stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken, cumin, fennel seeds, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook stirring frequently, until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
- While the chicken cooks, julienne the spinach leaves. Set aside.
- Stir the flour into the chicken mixture, making sure flour is fully blended in.
- Add the chicken stock, beans, and corn.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, and simmer for 45 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by about half and the chili has thickened. At this time, add the spinach and stir to combine.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot