Brussels Sprouts, Kale and Herbed Goad Cheese Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
Author: Farmhouse 1820
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 1 bag (pre-cleaned salad bag) Kale
- ⅓ cup herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup candied pecans (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, honey, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Whisk until completely incorporated and dressing has emulsified.
- Set aside.
- FOR THE SALAD:
- Clean the Brussels sprouts, removing outer leaves. Finely shred with a knife or on a mandolin, discarding the bottom core. Put in a bowl.
- Cut the Kale into julienned strips. Add to the Brussels Sprouts.
- Add the dried cranberries, goat cheese and pecans, if using.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Salad can be prepared a day ahead. Do no add the salad dressing until just before serving.