The Best Cheese Ball Recipe
In this recipe I call for Pickapeppa sauce, which can be found in the hot sauce section in the grocery store. If you are unable to find Pickapeppa sauce, worcestershire sauce can be substituted. I buy the candied pecans, prepackaged, at Trader Joe's, but if you have a terrific recipe for homemade, then by all means...
Author: Farmhouse 1820
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese
- ½ cup crumbed white stilton cheese with cranberries
- ¼ cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Pickapeppa sauce
- 1 cup chopped candied pecans
- Take cheeses out of the refrigerator and bring up to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, place cheeses and Pickapeppa sauce. Turn mixer on medium low and mix until combined, scraping down the sides as needed. (The cheeses can be mixed by hand, just make sure they are at room temp before mixing.)
- Place bowl of cheese mixer back into the fridge to firm up, for 10-20 minutes.
- Take out of the fridge and form into two baseball sized balls.
- Roll each ball in chopped pecan mixture.
- Can be prepared ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to one week. Bring up to room temperature before serving.