Ricotta & Goat Cheese Spread with Sun-Dried Tomato Salsa
Author: Be Fed Again
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 cup fresh or whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces goat cheese (I prefer herbed goat cheese)
- 2 Tablespoons half and half
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- ½ cup grape tomatoes
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- FOR THE GOAT CHEESE AND RICOTTA SPREAD:
- In a food processor, combine the ricotta and goat cheeses. Add the half and half.
- Process until softened and completely blended and smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- FOR THE SUN-DRIED TOMATO SALSA:
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes finely, and place in a bowl.
- Cut the grape tomatoes into quarters and add to the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the minced shallot, thyme and garlic to the sun-dried tomatoes, and pour olive oil over.
- Stir mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To serve, mound the cheese spread on one side of a serving plate. Spoon the sun-dried tomato salsa around the edge of the cheese mound.
- Serve with crackers.