Table of Contents
Slow Cooked Korean Style Short Ribs
Let the crockpot do the cooking! After a long days work, it's wonderful to sit down to a fantastic meal that you didn't have to spend all day cooking yourself.
Servings 4 people
- crock pot
- 10 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger chopped
- 1 large shallot diced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 pounds English style short ribs boneless or bone-in, trimmed of external fat
- Put short ribs in the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl, then pour over short ribs.
- Add the water.
- Cover, and cook on high for 3 1/2 hour.
- Stir short ribs, then cook on low for 3 hours.
- Remove ribs and put on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Spoon 2 cups of pan juices in a clear glass measuring container (or fat separator if you have one).
- Wait for the fat to rise to the top and discard as much fat as possible.
- Add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and whisk to combine.
- Pour gravy into sauce pan and heat, stirring constantly until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Pour gravy over short ribs and enjoy.