Sausage, Cranberry & Cornbread Dressing
- 1 pound country sausage
- 1 pound store-bought cornbread
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped sage
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a non stick pan, heat the olive oil. Add finely chopped onion and cook until translucent. Add sausage and sage to onion mixture. Crumble sausage with spoon and cook until browned and no pink remains.
- While sausage is cooking, in a large bowl, crumble cornbread into half inch pieces. Add dried cranberries.
- When sausage is fully browned, add sausage and onion mixture to the cornbread mixture. Stir to thoroughly combine. Add chicken stock to moisten dressing. Check flavoring for salt and pepper, and add as desired.
- Pour dressing in to baking dish, spreading to evenly distribute. Bake in oven for 18 minutes. Serve hot to warm.