Ricotta & Goat Cheese Spread with Sun-Dried Tomato Salsa
- 1 cup fresh or whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces goat cheese I prefer herbed goat cheese
- 2 Tablespoons half and half
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- FOR THE GOAT CHEESE AND RICOTTA SPREAD:
- In a food processor, combine the ricotta and goat cheeses. Add the half and half.
- Process until softened and completely blended and smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- FOR THE SUN-DRIED TOMATO SALSA:
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes finely, and place in a bowl.
- Cut the grape tomatoes into quarters and add to the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the minced shallot, thyme and garlic to the sun-dried tomatoes, and pour olive oil over.
- Stir mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To serve, mound the cheese spread on one side of a serving plate. Spoon the sun-dried tomato salsa around the edge of the cheese mound.
- Serve with crackers.