Rosé Gummy Bears
- 2 cups wine or grape juice, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 packets powdered gelatin
- red food coloring optional
- gummy bear molds click the link on my gummy bear post for where to buy the molds
- Place the gummy bear molds on a baking sheet with the dropper close by. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, pour in one cup of the wine or juice. Bring to a boil and reduce to half.
- Meanwhile, pour the second cup of wine or juice in a bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the liquid and let the gelatin bloom, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the concentrated wine (or juice) from the heat. Add the gelatin mixture and stir immediately. Add the sugar (if making with juice, reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup), put back on medium heat and stir constantly.
- Stir the mixture until the liquid is clear, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat and add a scant drop of red food coloring, if desired.
- Using the dropper provided with the molds, drop in the liquid, filling each gummy bear slot all the way to the top. Work swiftly.
- Place molds in refrigerator to cool for at let two hours.
- Remove from molds and enjoy.
- I suggest storing the gummy bears in an air tight container in the fridge.