Spruce up your holiday snack menu with this delicious white chocolate peppermint popcorn recipe! It’s a huge hit with family and guests!
I love to make flavored popcorns, and my love for this stems back to my childhood. My sweet Mama, without fail, would pop a bowl of popcorn every day for lunch, for years. And sitting on the side of that popcorn would be a few pieces of her “rabbit food.”
I think back on those days with true endearment.
Mama would share her popcorn with my sister and I, even offering on occasion to pop us our own bowls that she knew we could never finish. Not to worry, she would throw the leftovers in the garden for the birds.
Fast forward to today. I still love to enjoy popcorn, but I’ve grown pretty keen in upping the flavors. The possibilities are endless, including all things sweet and salty, along with a combination of the two.
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn Munch
One of my favorite holiday treats is peppermint bark. White chocolate and peppermint together go together perfectly, so of course that epic combination would work with popcorn, too. Yes! Yes it does!
I make this popcorn treat every Christmas season, a few batches actually, so I can share with family and friends, and still have a big helping for myself.
White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
- 1 12 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 8 large candy canes
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups popcorn popped
- Line an 11x17 inch baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Place popcorn in a large stainless bowl. Set aside.
- Place candy canes in a plastic bag and seal closed. Pound the bag with a rolling pin until the candy canes are in 1/4 inch pieces.
- In the top of a double boiler over medium heat, melt the white chocolate stirring constantly, being very careful not to let the chocolate burn.
- Once the white chocolate has melted, stir in the peppermint extract. Remove from heat and pour the mixture over the popcorn. Quickly sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the popcorn mixture.
- Place a large bowl over the popcorn bowl, making a dome shape, and shake to coat the popcorn. Turn the bowl dome over and shake some more to ensure popcorn is completely coated with the white chocolate peppermint mixture.
- Pour popcorn out on the parchment lined baking sheet and let sit for 20 minutes. Break into small chunks and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
White Chocolate Peppermint popcorn isn’t the only flavored popcorn recipe I make.
How about this classic Cheese Popcorn recipe! Click HERE for the recipe!
Caramel corn, in my humble opinion, kickstarted flavored popcorns. And I have the best recipe for you!! Check out my recipe for Caramel Corn! Click HERE for the recipe!