To celebrate all Moms out there, I put together a list of 15 fantastic Mother’s Day gift ideas! To score points with Mom, keep reading!
When I was younger, I didn’t want to become a mom.
This is true.
I was then and still am, a worrier. I worry about everything and the thought of becoming a mother threw me into riggers. All of the cons would far outweigh the pros of having children, and at the time, my goal when I grew up was to get married and travel and somewhere in there, earn a living. Searching for and getting a job and starting a career wasn’t really even a priority but I would certainly entertain one.
I still smirk about the lack of job gumption when I think about it now.
Fast forward to my late 20’s, becoming a mother was all I would think about. I wouldn’t say I was obsessed, but the thought of having kids did consume me. Fortunately, and I say this with all of my heart, I married a man that wanted kids as much as I.
For those that are new here, I’m a mom of two, and I absolutely adore my role of a Mom. Yes, there are trying times, and WAY YES, very stressful ones. Although they annoy me at times and have the ability to make me mad enough to spit fire, just the same, I find them to be the most delightful people I’ve ever met.
Having said all of this, I love Mother’s Day. I love it because it is the one day that I allow myself to be completely off duty. I do whatever I want to do, which usually entails spending the day planting in my garden, and I allow myself to be treated like a queen, stopping short of making the kids call me Her Royal Highness. I don’t have to think about feeding anyone, no laundry, no chores, but total and complete Brooke time. I give myself a free pass and full permission to be a bit selfish for one entire day. It’s glorious.
Being a mom is absolutely a gift of its own, yes of course, but don’t think for a second that I’m stopping short on gifts from the store. Though I never give to get, I’m a firm believer that every single mother out there not only deserves, but has certainly earned every amazing gift coming to her. And, since most husbands, spouses, or kids don’t respond well to subtleties, including my own, I love to put together a wish list of Mother’s Day gift ideas.
15 Fantastic Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Let me get this question out of the way because I know I’ll get asked: yes, I did text this list to our family group text, and to really get my point across, I’ll forward this post to them as well. 🙂 All of these gifts are hand-picked by me with love and care and a bit of nostalgia thrown in.
1.Mother’s Day gifts and purses are one in the same. I love everything about this bag, from the scalloped edge to the ribbon handle. So cute and the ribbon and trim come in a variety of colors. You can buy the purse HERE.
2. A penny for her thoughts. I love to jot things down in a journal, whether it’s ideas, memories or my feelings. I don’t keep a journal persé, but I do always have a blank paged book close to me for these reasons. Why not make it pretty, like THIS ONE.
3. I love small dishes, bowls and trinket trays, especially if there’s an animal print involved. I love the pattern and colors of this dish. It goes with all decor and is a beautiful finishing touch to classic interior design. You can get this trinket dish, HERE!
4. Go for nostalgia! Swatch out! I still have every Swatch I own. I remember I would wear every one of them going up my arm to keep up with that 80’s fashion trend. Did any of you do that too? I was thinking about these colorful watches the other day and I thought to myself that a new one would make a nice gift. So, I’ve added one to my list, and I’m giving a huge hint here. My latest favorite Swatch watch found HERE.
5. These cute coin purses caught my eye, and even though I don’t ever carry much cash or change, they would make for great credit card holders and will fit in most small handbags. The bright colors and tassels had me instantly. You can shop these zipper pouches HERE.
6. Totally tote bag! I am a firm believer that one can never have too many tote bags. Especially ones that are cheerful colors. Big and roomy, and would also make for a great carry on, on the plane! I love how they’re customizable with different sports logos along with monogram fonts. Buy this amazing tote bag HERE.
7. Mom will love this sweet little moss covered birdhouse that will love lovely on the porch! It would even look cute styled on a tray sitting on the coffee table. This is a great Mother’s Day gift, and super affordable. Click HERE for the birdhouse.
8. Every room needs a special decor piece. I’m a sucker for large bottles, especially ones that have wicker attached. It would look great in any room either displaying a tall grass arrangement, or even on its own. Grab the bottle, HERE!
9. This footed dish is great for styling trays, holding a plant sphere, or even would make for a place to hold the keys. I love the little birds on the side. Footed bowl found HERE!
10. Every mom needs a locket necklace to keep here precious kiddos close to her heart, and it’s a gift she’ll have for a lifetime! An up-to-date bonus with this gift is that now that photos are so easy to edit and size, it doesn’t matter what the locket size is, every photo can fit! Check out all of the locket options HERE!
11-12. Speaking of jewelry, earring also make for a lovely Mother’s Day gift. I found two designs that would flatter anyone’s ear from a stud to a hoop. No puns intended.
For the stud, click HERE!
For the hoop, click HERE!
13. I love this dress! I love the print and I especially love the tie shoulder straps. So stinkin cute and I’ve put in quite a few large hints for this dress to get as a gift! Great to wear casually or out to dinner, it’s versatile all around. Get the cutest dress ever for her, HERE!
14. These Birks are a must! I mean seriously! The shiny black strap and the big buckle make them day to night perfection and would look adorbs with the dress above! And the best part, they’re super comfortable! Get these chic who-knew-they’re-Birkenstocks, HERE!
15. These mitts are the perfect gift to give! A Mama’s hands are the hardest working tool in the house! Time to pamper them. These mitts lock in moisture and warm up those aching tendons in the fingers and hands. Spa thermal heated hand mitts found HERE!
But wait, I have even more gift ideas!
More Gift Ideas For Mom!
If your mom is one that loves to garden, I’ve put together another list of the best garden tools and accessories that would make perfect gifts for her. You can shop those amazing ideas HERE!