Way back when there was still snow on the ground, I came across two of these chairs.
It was during one of my weekly visits to the Good Will, and they were marked half off. I circled around them. Picked them up; good weight, I thought. I turned them over; cushion was in good shape. All these chairs needed was a complete facelift. So I bought them.
I spray painted them black that very day. I didn’t care that there was snow on the ground. I was so over winter at that point that I had to do a project outside.
My friends, get this: I spray painted them, and then these two chairs sat in our living room until just this week. They were like that chandelier that kept getting moved and over-looked. Other projects took priority. Then when I had the time to recover the cushions and finish the facelift, I didn’t feel like working on them. You know the drill.
But yesterday, I stubbed my toe on one of these chairs, and it hurt like crazy. So I figured that was a sign to recover the cushions, make pillows for both, and pair the chairs with the table that I intended to match them with.
In order to recover the cushions, I had to remove the old fabric. I took out all of the staples, and cut the new fabric to size.
I stapled the new fabric on, pulling it tightly, and neatly folded the corners in.
Almost ready for business.
I chose a coordinating fabric for the pillows. I cut the fabric into 20 inch squares (4 squares total), and pinned like sides together. Then I put my handy sewing lessons to good use, and sewed two pillows. I used 18 inch square pillow inserts.
The facelift suits these chairs. They look happy, comfortable, and inviting.
Come on over, sit with me and have a glass of sweet tea!