- 4 cups air popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees
- line an 11x17 baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- Place popcorn in a large stainless bowl. set aside
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy 2 quart saucepan.
- Stir constantly and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once it comes to a boil, boil for 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour over caramel over popcorn. Place a second large stainless bowl over the popcorn, making a dome. Shake the popcorn, flipping the dome a couple times to thoroughly coat the popcorn.
- Pour the caramel corn out on the parchment lined baking sheet. Place in oven and immediately turn the oven off!
- Leave in oven for 15 minutes until caramel corn is a beautiful amber color.
- Break apart. Store in an air tight container for up to one week.