Why keep wreathes hanging on the walls when you can display them on the table as well. Here is a DIY placemat from an evergreen wreath.
My sweet friends, you know me well enough to know that I absolutely love to decorate a table. And why not, really. It’s where families congregate. Conversations to be had, stories to be told, love to be shared. Think of the table as a third party, joining the convo by serving up the food, surrounded by total prettiness.
Since I switch out table decor almost weekly (even when not during the holidays), I got to thinking – How about I create an evergreen wreath, and then use it as a placemat? Makes sense. Perfect size for a plate to nestle into. Would bring that gorgeous greenery to the table, leaving room for a simply illuminated centerpiece. And too, you absolutely know that I love dual purpose. Let’s get the bang for the buck, and all.
Natch, that’s the name of the game around here. When the wreathes are not in use on the table, then hang ’em. But let’s talk about how pretty these wreathes look on the table, surrounding a place setting. All it takes is some greenery and a wreath form.
In this case, the long pines work best. The longer the needles, the better. However, when trimming these twigs off the tree, let me give you this little tip. Using tree clippers, make sure you trim the branches toward the bottom of the tree. This way, you keep the living tree looking even.
A Christmas craft that takes a few cuts from your back yard or your neighbor’s, some wire for bundling, and a wire wreath form. Easy enough.
Here’s How To Create A DIY Placemat From An Evergreen Wreath
DIY Wreath To Placemat
- wire wreath form
- greenery cuttings from outside
- floral wire
- 16 inch floral wreath form
- Cut small pine branches with clippers
- With floral wire, gather branches by twos or threes, and wrap wire tightly around branches, leaving two inches of extra wire on each side.
- Continue wrapping branches by two or three until you have about ten to twelve bundles.
- Take one bundle and attach to wire wreath form. Attach with extra wire from greenery bundles and wrap tightly.
- Continue to wrap each greenery bundle, adding bundles along the way, all the way around wreath form until the wreath is completely filled.
- Tuck the last bundle under the the first bundle, making for a seamless mix.
Here is some more Christmas tablescape inspiration for you.