So many dogs suffer from skin allergies and unhealthy fur. Whether it’s in their diet or if they’ve rolled around in grasses or weeds, dog allergies are real. And yes, dogs can be allergic to grasses and weeds, and it’s more common than you think.
We’ve always had dogs here in our family, and we’ve been blessed that the ones we’ve lost, lived a good long life. We have two right now, Gracie and Piper, and they’re both like two additional kids to our clan. Our little fur babies….
Also, did you know that dogs can be lactose intolerant? We had no idea until Gracie went through a pup-a-ccino in a nanosecond and then coughed and wheezed for an hour or two after. But, those details are all about the gut and for another blog post.
Sidenote: I am not a Veterinarian, nor do I play one on TV. I just Google a lot. (insert peanut gallery applause)
The Best Dog Treats To Give Them For Their Skin And Fur
I couple years ago, I did a lot of research on the benefits of CBD for dogs. You can read all of that valuable information HERE! CBD works wonders for your pet’s joint pain as well as if your pet suffers from any form of anxiety. Lot and lots of great information, and I highly recommend reading!
I was on the phone with one of my nearest and dearest the other day, and she was telling me how soft her dog’s fur has gotten since she started giving her a new kind of treat. Said little treats loaded with a certain fish oil that has done wonders for her dog’s hair, making it soft and shiney.
Shortly after that, I received a newsletter full of exploding topics, and this exact dog treat, or vitamin if you will, was the first on the list.
Today is all about an amazing dog treat that helps with their skin allergies and makes their fur super soft as well.
The bite-sized munchie that I’m referring to are Salmon bites.
Salmon bites are bite-sized dog treats made from salmon meat and skin.
Salmon bites are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help support the animal’s skin and coat health. And, not to stop there with the benefits, salmon bites are full of Omega-3 fatty acids that have been shown to aid in proper brain and eye development in canines. For older dogs, omega-3s can also help ease arthritis, reduce mobility issues, and provide support for property cognitive functioning. For dogs of all ages, omega-3s improve immune systems and boost heart and kidney health.
You can read more about the benefits of feeding your dog salmon, HERE!!
Top 5 Highest Rated Salmon Treats For Dogs
I’ve done the research and have found the top 5 highest rated salmon dog treats.
Selecting the best salmon dog treats can depend on your dog’s specific preferences and dietary needs. However, here are five popular salmon dog treats that many pet owners and dogs love:
- A Better Treat – Freeze Dried Salmon Dog Treats: These single ingredient freeze dried treats are also a huge source of protein and excellent for their skin and coats. The salmon is wild caught, sustainably sourced and is ranked “human grade” salmon. BUY THEM HERE!!
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Salmon Recipe Dog Treats: These small, soft treats are made with real salmon as the first ingredient and are perfect for training or as a daily reward. BUY THEM HERE!
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Trail Treats Salmon Biscuits: These crunchy biscuits are made with high-quality salmon and are free from artificial preservatives, colors, and flavors. BUY THEM HERE!!
- Plato Hundur’s Crunch Jerky Fingers Salmon Dog Treats: These single-ingredient salmon jerky treats are high in protein and free from fillers or artificial additives. BUY THEM HERE!!
- Zesty Paws Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil Treats: These soft chews are not only tasty but also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can benefit your dog’s skin, coat, and overall health. BUY THEM HERE!!
Remember that it’s important to consider your dog’s individual dietary requirements, allergies, and preferences when choosing treats. Always consult with your veterinarian if you have any concerns about your dog’s diet or specific dietary needs.
Since we started Gracie and Piper on salmon treats, their coats are becoming more and more soft and shiney. And because salmon is so rich in vitamins and omega-3, it’s now a staple in their twice daily meals as well.
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a very small commission on items purchased at no cost to you. As always, thank you so much for your support.