Chicken Pot Pie(s)
- 1 (3 pound) rotisserie cooked whole chicken, cut into cubes
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup flour (heaping)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- disposable pie dishes
- pre-made pie crust
- In a small saucepan, heat the chicken stock and dissolve the bouillon cubes in the stock. In a large Dutch oven, melt the butter and sauté the onions and carrots over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add the flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add the hot chicken stock to the sauce. Simmer over low heat for another minute or so, stirring until thick. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and the heavy cream. Add the cubed chicken, and peas. Mix well.
- Place pot pie filling into regular or individual pie pans. Cut prepared pie crust to size of desired pie pans. Cover pies with crust, and crimp edges. Cut small slits in the top of the crust to let steam escape.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes, or until pie crust is flakey and golden.
- ** Pies can be wrapped and frozen before cooking. This is a great meal to stock up in your freezer for a last minute week night meal.