Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate cut into small chunks
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup crushed candy cane pieces
- In the top of a double boiler, place the chocolates.
- In the bottom of the double boiler, fill with 1 inch of water. Plate top of double boiler over the water. Turn heat on medium low and slowly let chocolates melt, uncovered. Once chocolates look to have melted, lift top off, being careful of steam and place on heat proof surface. Gently stir until chocolate mixture is smooth. Working quickly, pour melted chocolate over a parchment lined baking sheet. With an off-set spatula, spread chocolate to a 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle candy cane pieces evenly over chocolate and gently press to adhere to chocolate. Let cool for at least 2 hours. Once cooled, break into pieces and place in plastic baggies or in an air tight container for up to one week.