Grilled Chicken Paillards with Pineapple Salsa
Servings 4 servings
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 fresh pineapple skinned and cored, finely diced.
- 1/2 large red onion finely diced
- 2 teaspoons course salt divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare your grill for cooking. If using a gas grill, preheat until grill temp measures 400 degrees. If using a charcoal grill, light coals and heat until coals have started to turn grey. Pour evenly over grill bottom for even grilling.
- While the grill is heating, place the chicken breasts between 2 large layers of waxed paper. Pound the chicken with a meat pounder until each one is 1/2 inch thick. You may need to pound chicken in batches.
- Place chicken on platter and brush olive oil on both sides. Using 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, sprinkle on both side of chicken. Set aside.
- Place pineapple, red onion, remaining salt and pepper in a bowl and combine. Set aside.
- Grill pounded chicken breasts 3 minutes on one side. Flip over and grill for another 2 minutes on the second side. With an instant read thermometer, make sure chicken registers 160 degrees. Take off grill.
- When ready to plate, place chicken on a plate. Add pineapple salsa on top of chicken, and add arugula next to chicken.
- Serve within 15 minutes.