Grilled Chicken Paillards with Pineapple Salsa is a quick weeknight meal. Whether using a grill or a grill pan, its easy and delicious.
I absolutely love to make this meal. Why? Because it’s quick, easy and delicious. I don’t know about you, but during the week, I am always running down the last minute road when it comes to making dinner. More often than not, I need to make something that can be on the table quickly, and get my family fed. Since we grill all year around, even up here in the Northeast, these grilled chicken paillards with pineapple salsa have become a staple. On a night that I’m not feeling like grilling, I just pull out my favorite grill pan and grill them on the stove.
The pineapple, red onion salsa brings a brightness to the dish and turns ordinary grilled chicken into extraordinary. Truly. And to bring some green to the party, add some fresh arugula. All displayed on a classic white platter (which is on sale, by the way) and ready to serve at the table.
Keep things easy. And delicious. This chicken paillard with pineapple salsa recipe packs a big punch, and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. Now that’s what I call a winner winner chicken dinner!
Here is how to make this amazing recipe.
Grilled Chicken Paillards with Pineapple Salsa
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 fresh pineapple skinned and cored, finely diced.
- 1/2 large red onion finely diced
- 2 teaspoons course salt divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare your grill for cooking. If using a gas grill, preheat until grill temp measures 400 degrees. If using a charcoal grill, light coals and heat until coals have started to turn grey. Pour evenly over grill bottom for even grilling.
- Place chicken on platter and brush olive oil on both sides. Using 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, sprinkle on both side of chicken. Set aside.
- Place pineapple, red onion, remaining salt and pepper in a bowl and combine. Set aside.
- If grilling chicken on a stove, rub 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the grilling surface. Preheat grill pan over a high flame until the oil is almost smoking. Cook as directed for a grill. See next step.
- Grill pounded chicken breasts 3 minutes on one side. Flip over and grill for another 2 minutes on the second side. With an instant read thermometer, make sure chicken registers 160 degrees. Take off grill.
- When ready to plate, place chicken on a plate. Add pineapple salsa on top of chicken, and add arugula next to chicken.
- Serve within 15 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links.