I love a quick craft. One that looks beautiful and would surprise anyone when you tell them it only took five minutes.to make. Even this 5 minute holiday centerpiece.
As you all know, I just love to set a table. Even if we’re not eating this specific table nightly, I change out tablescapes almost weekly. During the holidays, it’s more like almost daily.
I love to mix and match, and I practically preach pattern on pattern. (Geesh, say that five times fast.) So when it comes time to create a centerpiece, I tend to lean more toward low cost, minimal time, with high impact type centerpieces and table runners. Because they too, can be the jewelry of the table.
Turning ugly ducklings into swans is in my nature, and that means looking further than the surface of something. Examining its promise and potential. Take for example, a cheap stem of fake flowers. In my opinion, what makes the stem that I used for this craft project look fake-mc-fake are the leaves. They don’t even resemble anything real. However, turning the eye to the flower, blocking out the leaves, then we have a good craft in the works.
Even better, if bundling the flowers together, say, on a styrofoam sphere or ball …..
Now We’re Talkin’
Keeping with the rule of thumb when decorating, odd numbers win. I made three of these floral balls for a 5 minute holiday centerpiece that, when stored properly, can last holiday after holiday.
Here’s How To Create A 5 Minutes Holiday Centerpiece
Here is a list of supplies needed:
3 bunches of these red flowers (this is for one arrangement. If you could like to make more, double, triple the amount of bunches, depending how many centerpieces you’d like to make)
2 stems white berries
How To Make a 5 Minute Holiday Centerpiece
- hot glue gun (optional)
- wire cutters, such as needed nose pliers
- Vase / vessel
- 3 stems faux fuller-sized red flowers (stem should have a minimum of 5 flowers)
- 1 stem white berries beads are about 1/2 inch in diameter
- 1 4 1/2 inch styrofoam ball / sphere
- 1 roll ribbon of your choice
- Place styrofoam ball on vase
- To cut the flowers off the stem, using wire cutters, cut flowers leaving a 2 inch stem.
- Cut white berries off stem with wire cutters, leaving a 1/2 inch wire on bead
- Insert flower on top of styrofoam ball, pressing down so flower is flush with surface.
- Working from top to bottom, add additional flowers, leaving an inch or two of space between flowers.
- Fill in the rest of the ball with the flowers, making sure there the styrofoam is not visible.
- Add the white berries sporadically around the floral ball, in between the flowers. If the wire does not go in the styrofoam easy, or if wire is cut too short, then hot glue around the bottom of the bead and press in between the flowers to adhere.
- Cut two strands of ribbon about a foot long. Lift the ball and place the ribbon in the compote, leaving about an 8-10 inch tale to drape outside of the vase.
There you have it, in just 5 minutes, you can create a really pretty holiday centerpiece. And hey, if you have 15 minutes, you can create three!
Happy holiday crafting!
In case you missed it, here’s another fun and easy holiday craft!
This post contains affiliate links.