- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese
- 1 frozen prepared pie crust
- **These are the basic ingredients for an amazing quiche. Add any filling you desire, with your main ingredient measuring one cup.
- The above photo is a Spinach and Bacon Quiche. In this quiche, I used one package of frozen chopped spinach and 1/4 cup homemade bacon bits.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place frozen prepared pie crust on baking sheet. Line pie crust with foil. Add dried beans or pie weights over foil. Place crusts in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and remove foil and weights. Place crusts back in oven for 7 minutes. Remove.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine eggs, half and half, and cheese. whisk until combined. Add desired filling and stir gently to combine thoroughly. Pour egg filling into baked pie shell. Return to oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, until mixture is set and jiggles slightly. Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes.
- Can be served immediately, or can be frozen for up to 3 months.