I love a quick and easy snack! Everything seasoning puff pastry are not only a cinch to make, but also a delicious appetizer.
Before I get started, I would love to say Thank You to everyone that has written in, and shared with me how much you are enjoying my Cook with Brooke series. These how-to videos are so fun to film, and I am thrilled that y’all are enjoying them!
We’re going with an easy peasy recipe today. I love cooking with puff pastry, and this savory appetizer takes less than a half hour to make.
When shopping at Trader Joe’s, have you seen the “everything but the bagel” seasoning? It’s a game changer for sure, and I find myself sprinkling it over everything from popcorn, to garlic bread, and yes, to these puff pastry rods.
I always make sure that I have a box or two of puff pastry hanging out in our freezer at all times. I use it a lot, and there are so many quick things you can make with puff pastry. There are lots of recipes available for puff pastry rods with various toppings. Whether using dried herbs or grated cheese, there’re good no matter what you add.
Before Christmas, some friends of ours popped by, so I needed to put together a couple apps quickly. Typically I get a little frazzled when guests pop by unannounced, but when they show up at the door with a bottle of wine, then my all means, come right in.
I checked the pantry and then the freezer to find some ingredients, and I grabbed the everything bagel seasoning from the pantry and the puff pastry from the freezer.
Preheat the oven, roll out the pastry, sprinkle the seasoning, baste on an egg wash and bake. It’s really that simple. Arrange them on a platter or in a bread basket and it is a guarantee that they will be devoured.
Time to Cook with Brooke!
Table of Contents
Everything Bagel Puff Pastry Rods
- Rolling Pin
- Pizza Cutter
- silpat mat
- baking sheet
- 1 package puff pastry thawed in refrigerator
- 3 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line baking sheet with silpat mat. Set aside.
- Sprinkle flour over work surface.
- Remove puff pastry from package. Place on floured surface and unfold.
- Roll out puff pastry just to remove the folds.
- Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning evenly over the entire surface.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut 1-inch strips.
- Pick up a strip and with both hands, twist ends in opposite direction.
- Place twisted strips on silpat lined baking sheet, about a half inch apart.
- Carefully baste the egg wash mixture over entire strips. This will give the rods that golden color.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Best if served warm, but can be served room temperature.