Green Eggs and Ham
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice of deli ham julienned, or one slice of thick ham, finally chopped.
- TO HARD BOIL THE EGGS:
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Once the water has come to a rolling boil, turn the heat off and place a cover on the saucepan. Do not move and let sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drain water and cool in ice bath.
- FOR THE HAM:
- Add a 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to a nonstick pan. Add the ham and cook over medium high heat until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- FOR THE FILLING:
- Peel the eggs and slice in half.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the egg yolks, mayo, peas, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Puree until mixture is creamy.
- Spoon green egg yolk mixture into egg halves and top with crispy ham.