Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers
30 baby bell peppers 2 cups finely diced ham 1 Tablespoon olive oil 1 small yellow onion, minced 1 cup broccoli florets 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese 1/2 cup fontina cheese, shredded 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 30 baby bell peppers
- 2 cups finely diced ham
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the top off peppers and carefully remove the seeds. Place the cleaned peppers on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Finely chop the broccoli florets. Set aside.
- For the ham, heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add the finely diced ham and sauté until almost crispy. When ham is almost crispy, remove from the pan, leaving as much of the juice and oil as possible in the pan, and put in a mixing bowl. Add the onion to the hot pan and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. At this point, add the broccoli and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the onion broccoli mixture to the bowl with the ham.
- Add mascarpone and fontina cheeses to the ham and mix thoroughly until both cheeses are fully incorporated. Add freshly ground black pepper and mix.
- Using a small spoon or a spreading knife, stuff each baby bell pepper with the ham mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes, until peppers are soft. Serve warm.