Thai Sweet Tea
- 2 Tablespoons loose Thai tea mix
- 5 cups boiling water
- 2 Tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons half and half
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Put the loose tea in a cheesecloth pouch (or tea strainer) and submerge in the boiled water.
- Stir in the simple syrup – recipe below
- Let the tea cool to room temperature
- Using a tall glass, fill with ice cubes. Fill glass 3/4 of the way full with the tea. Add the half and half, then add the sweetened condensed milk. Stir to combine.
- Drink immediately.
- For the simple syrup:
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan. Warm over medium heat until all of the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is clear. Remove from heat and cool. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one month.