Do I Have A Funny Story For You!
You know when you have a recipe that is so delicious, you want to share it with all of your friends?! The kind of recipe that has been in your family for eons and you’re absolutely positive that everyone you share it with is going to make it and love it?! And, the fact that it is so easy to make, puts it over the top, kind of recipe? The recipe I’m referring to is my Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe.
But I have a little history with zucchini that even left me surprised when I tried this family recipe and LOVED it.
Picky Eater And Stubborn Is Not A Winning Combo
Growing up, I was a picky eater. And calling myself picky is really putting it mildly. Anything that smelled a little off to me, didn’t ever stand a chance. My parents and I would have stand offs, and they wouldn’t let me leave the table until I had finished everything on my plate, even if I only had one piece of the food I didn’t have any intention of eating.
I was stubborn, and they kept their word.
On several occasions, I would still be at the dinner table, and the kitchen had been cleaned up and everyone was in the den watching The Walton’s or Little House On The Prairie.
I would still be sitting at the table, in the dark, refusing to eat two slices of canned beets or even worse, sautéd zucchini. My older sister would eventually come to my rescue. She would sneak out of the den, crawl into the dining room, open her mouth and I would scoop the beets or zucchini right into her mouth. Bless her – she has come to my rescue more than I care to admit.
Still to this day, I cannot eat sautéd zucchini – I prefer it raw, and I love this Chocolate Zucchini Bread. I think it’s because there’s only a hint of zucchini flavor, that is masked by delicious chocolate.
And let’s be honest, chocolate makes everything taste better.
The ingredients are few, and then they’re all mixed in a bowl, poured into a loaf pan and baked. Prep time is less than 10 minutes, and while the bread bakes, your house smells so good.
Let’s Make The Easiest Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe Ever.
Easiest Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 cups zucchini grated
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat together the eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and cocoa powder
- Add grated zucchini to wet ingredients
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients with the zucchini mixture. Stir to combine.
- Spray a bread loaf pan with non stick spray and dust with cocoa powder
- Pour mixture into loaf pan
- Place in oven and bake for one hour
- Test with a tooth pick and it if pulls out clean, the bread is done. If there is a little wet ingredients still on toothpick, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan to release the bread. Carefully turn bread out of pan on to a cooling rack and cool for 10 minutes before slicing.